Friday, May 15, 2009

Muffins for Mom

The kids' school hosted "Muffins for Mom" this morning. I so totally love this event, because I get to go as a mom and eat breakfast in the cafeteria with my kids and sit in those little tiny chairs. How fun is that? Thank goodness my booty still fits in those chairs! John told Sophie about it last night and she woke up this morning saying, "I want eat muffins with mom." It was so cute. Incidentally, she also said something else that was beyond cute. She said to John "Daddy, I cold. Cold like this ..." and she put her arms around herself and moved like she was shivering and said "burr". So sweet.

I packed both kids up in the car, drove to school, and had a very nice breakfast with them. There was a spread of various muffins and o.j. (Sophie's favorite juice). Of course, I couldn't identify all the muffins so I stuck to good 'ol blueberry muffins. They were cut in halves. I kid you not, Tripp ate 6 or 7 on his own. Sophie and I each ate 3. Sophie proceeded to spill o.j. all over herself. The funny part of that is she spilled her cup of o.j. last year, so we are 2 for 2 in that department. I guess it's our tradition. This was a really special day for me. I’m so glad their school hosts and event like this.

Actual Mother’s Day was low key. The kids got me a very nice running watch, which I am so excited about. They gave it to me Friday night so I could wear it in my race the next day. I’ll talk about that 5k later. I’m bummed that I didn’t get an actual picture of me and the kids on mother’s day, but there is always next year. I love being a mom, I love my kids, and it’s so fun to be honored on a special day just for me (and, well, all those other mommies out there!).

2 comments:

V-n-J said...

Tammie you are so beautiful as are your kids:) glad you had a fun breakfast with them. Javan's school had their breakfast last Saturday but I was too sleep deprived to make it ... oh well I wont have a newborn next year so I hope to make it to that one!

btw great job on your running - I cant wait to hit the road again.

Stacey said...

Great picture and I love Muffins for Moms. So cute. Too funny about Sophie spilling her OJ for the 2nd year in a row.