John and I have gone back and forth for months about when we should transition Sophie and how. I was the hesitant one, opting to put it off until later. I couldn't imagine getting up with a baby multiple times in the middle of the night and then possibly with Sophie, too. So we decided to wait to transition her until we got Tripp sleeping through the night. Tripp did that much earlier than Sophie did, but I chose to keep Sophie in the crib until she asked for a bed or outgrew the crib. Why rock the boat? LOL
It was a hard decision to transition her. After all, she was sleeping so soundly in her crib. She loved her crib. She would tell us during the day it was time for her nap, that's how much she loved her crib. I worried that it would be much harder to get her to lay in the bed once she figured out that she could get out of the bed and play. But I realized that at 2.5 years old, she was probably ready for the transition. Sophie's crib actually converts to a toddler bed and then to a full sized bed. Since she was 31 months when we transitioned her, I suggested that we just move her into a bed and skip the toddler bed altogether. What's the point of going through two transitions at this age? So John and I went mattress shopping. It was pretty fun! We purchased her mattresses and waited for them to be delivered. In the mean time, I agonized over the perfect bedding for her. To John's amazement, I didn't get the one Sophie "needed" from PB Kids since it was so expensive, I got one that I thought was just as nice, but cheaper. I really like her quilt because it has several pretty colors, is girly, but not too girly, and can grow with her. It doesn't necessarily have a theme, so when we get sick of the theme she has now, we can just change the wall color and decorations. Much easier than change bedding and decorations! Of course, we haven't decorated yet. I plan to paint the wall a light shade of blue and Erin is going to paint some nice, whimsical designs on the wall. Not sure when that will happen, but it will.
Here are some pictures of Sophie in her bed on her first night. Look how little she looks in the big bed! :-)




1 comment:
How cute is that? I love the bedding, too. Very girly!
Post a Comment