Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blessings

My sweet baby girl is going to be 3 in just about two months. I cannot believe it. I know that every parent goes through this and thinks "how can my baby be 'insert age'" I've said this about every 6 months for each kid. I love that they are growing up and that they are becoming so fun and learning so much, but at the same time it's so sad to see them becoming independent (and sassy) and growing. Time goes by so fast and I wonder if I appreciate the time I have with my kids enough. I think I do, I hope I do, but I'm going to try and appreciate it even more. Some days I wonder how I was blessed with two such sweet babies.

Sophie is so full of love and happiness, she truly enjoys her life. She smiles about everything and boy do her smiles go on forever. She has such a beautiful and contagious smile! Her innocence is so sweet. She loves her daddy more than life itself. She loves me, too, but as soon as daddy appears it's like I'm not even there. It doesn't bother me, though, because she gives me my time too. I love that she has that bond with her daddy.

Tripp is so full of energy! Boy is he full of energy. He is into anything and everything. He's very curious and very interested in what's going on . He is strong and stoic and serious. When he laughs, he gives belly laughs! His laugh is also contagious, but for different reasons that Sophie's. First, it takes an act of God (or a lot of tickling) to get Tripp to laugh. But when he starts laughing, he doesn't stop. He giggles, snorts, runs out of breath, and then laughs like he doesn't have a voice. It's the sweetest sound I've ever heard. He truly loves me, but he also likes his daddy time. He loves to be outside and loves to throw and hit balls. He also likes to spot small items, in the grass for instance, and stand over them and point and grunt. He's learning how the world works and you can see it on his face. The ladies love his hair and he's getting more handsome as the days pass.

This post is really just a reminder to me to count my blessings every day for I have so many in my life.

No comments: