Monday, June 1, 2009

Tripp at 15 months

Tripp had his 15 month WBV on 5/26, the day after he turned 15 months. The dr. said Tripp is doing well in all respects. She said he is physically on par with an 18 month (no kidding!). He's not really talking much, but she wasn't very worried about that and neither am I. Sophie didn't talk until 18 months and not really well until 2. My mom said I didn't talk until I was 2. We are late talkers!

Personality - Fearless, daring, active, energetic, rough, sweet, smart, and somewhat cuddly. Still nothing but boy!!

Height - 33 inches, 90% - 95%
Weight - 24 lbs 14 oz - 50% - 75%
Size - Wears mostly 12 - 18 months, 18 month pjs, can wear 18 - 24 month shirts.
Shoe size - 5.5
Teeth - 10 teeth (8 teeth, 2 top molars). Top molars have just broken through and bottom molars ready to appear any day. Teething has been rough this time around!

Interesting Facts:

1. Starting to snort when he laughs. The laugh of his - constantly changing, but still weird. It's like he hasn't quite learned to laugh. We still laugh when he laughs. Love his little laugh.
2. Has turned into a biter. Boo! He has been written up 3 times for biting. I feel so bad for the other kids. I'd rather my kid be the bitee instead of the biter. He has been bitten, but only once and a few months ago.
3. Likes to hit and bite me at bedtime. Apparently he does this routine with only me and his teacher Ms. Marie. I guess he loves us the most! That's what I'll tell myself anyway.
4. Likes to flop off things, like our bed, the couch, etc. He thinks it's funny. Mommy doesn't.
5. Can say mommy, daddy, doggy, and Sassy. He points to the dogs and says "duggee". Same with Sassy. And he really only says mommy or daddy when he's whining or crying. But he does say those 4 words!
6. Knows anything and everything we ask him to do. No kidding. He may not talk, but he totally understands everything.
7. If you ask him a question, he likes to answer with a grunt. I think the grunt is his "yes".
8. He can definitely sign the word "more".
9. Loves to throw things, especially balls. Actually has a pretty good arm too! Daddy is really excited about that. He also likes to hit the ball of the t-ball set. He laughs hysterically when he does that.
10. Loves petting Sassy.
11. Loves, loves, loves the pool. Absolutely loves the water.
12. Is pretty good at drinking from a cup. I'm impressed. He also loves drinking out of straws.
13. Is taking swimming lessons and we have found out that he's a pretty good floater.
14. Blows kisses, waves bye, gives real kisses. All the good stuff.
15. Learning to use a fork and spoon. Is pretty good at it if the food is solid, like oatmeal.
16. Is a climber! Loves the park, the slide, swings. Anything like that.
17. Starting to have seperation issues. I have to basically pry him off me when I drop him at school in the mornings. Same with at the church nursery. Makes me want to cry!

It seems like Tripp isn't doing as many new things as fast as he was, but rather mastering his skills. Like running. He's gotten really good at escaping and running! I feel like he's doing more than I can think of to post, so I'll come back and update as I think of things.

1 comment:

V-n-J said...

Tripp what a chunk of cuteness you are!!!