Sophie snores so loudly. She's snored for as long as we can remember, but it has gotten progressively worse over the past 6 months. So bad that I made a doctors appointment to have her checked out. There is no way that a 32.5 pound 3.5 year old's snores should rock the house and echo throughout.
The doctor thinks Sophie's tonsils are too large and give her a narrow passage way from which to breathe. She wasn't sure about her adenoids. She referred us to a children's ENT. She felt like there is a good chance that Sophie's tonsils will need to removed at the very least. But she really couldn't say for sure. She said that they are very conservative with doing that surgery these days, unlike when we were kids, but that Sophie's tonsils may just be too large.
While we were there, the doctor noticed that Sophie had some fluid in her ear. It was clear so she wasn't too worried about it. She did say that her throat was red so she did a strep test. That came back negative, thank goodness. I didn't think she had something like that because she hasn't had a fever. She spiked a fever one day last week and threw up a few times and a similar thing happened the week before. But both episodes lasted only a few hours. Well, as we were getting ready to leave she did one more once over of Sophie. She saw that Sophie's right gland was pretty swollen. She decided to take a blood test. The test revealed a white blood count of 18,000 and 10,000 would be normal. Doctor thinks that maybe Sophie has some kind of bacteria virus in the works, quite possibly tonsillitis, so she put her on antibiotics.
So what a day! Go in for a quick check to see if we have an issue because of the snoring and leave with a round of antibiotics, possible tonsillitis, and an appointment with a children's ENT. Well, at least it snowed today and Sophie had fun playing in it! Pics from that to come later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
WOW, Poor Soph Soph. That is crazy! I hope everything with the ENT is fine. Keep me posted.
Aaaahhhh poor Sophie:( Hope her ENT appt goes well. I had my tonsils out pretty early (I was about 4 or 5 i think) and I had septoplasty surgery at 14 ... I do thats not a route she has to go even though its not too bad.
Post a Comment