Yep, you heard it. We bought a house. Kind of spur of the moment, but it was an opportunity we just could not pass up. We will now be about 3 miles from Tara and 25 minutes from all the other crazy kids in John's families. By "kids" I mean, grandmom, mom, dad, Julie, Reymond ... everyone!
A little about the house - They sold it as a 5 bedroom, but we call it a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath plus loft house. The loft actually has a door and closet so that's why it's considered a 5th bedroom. There is an unfinished basement just calling our name to be finished. The house sits on hole 1 of the golf course - woo hoo! So very exciting. The master is on the main. I'm a little torn about this, but the kids are old enough not to need us next to them. What else ... did I say it was a foreclosure? Yep! It is. That's where the great opportunity comes in. We bought a lovely house that needs a little TLC for about - well let's just say a lot less - than we could have purchased it for last year. Although the secondary bedrooms are a little small and so is the kitchen (for what I was hoping to upgrade to), the positives far outweigh those negatives. There is a basement that we will likely be able to finish in 2 or 3 years, a large backyard that can easily fit a pool and outdoor living/chimney/grilling area plus a playground, the golf course is just on the outskirts of our backyard, yet we still have privacy, and the neighborhood is wonderful, just like where we live now. All that and we are close to family.
Here are a few pictures of the house. Prior to move in we are having new carpet put in throughout, new paint, and the hardwoods refinished and added in the dining room. The kitchen remodel is next, hopefully followed by the master bath. That's really all that needs to be updated.
Our new house!
Dining Room
Kitchen

Family Room
Backyard (see the golf course in the background?)
John and Tripp checking out the little creek in the backyard. Note to self - need a fence to keep Tripp out of that!

Back of the house



7 comments:
Oh wow, Tammie! It's gorgeous! Look at all those windows. I love all the trees, too. It's really a beautiful house!!
Oh my gosh, Tams. I am DROOOOOOOLING over the dining room. Okay, well honestly, I'd be changing the light fixture. LOL. But, oh my ... LOVE the wainscoting and all of the windows. It's so great. It'll look even better with the hardwood floors in there. I wonder why they didn't have the HW in there. Interesting. And I see what you mean about the kitchen cabinets being a little light for your taste. But, GREAT HOUSE!!!
I'm so excited for you guys!
OMG - this house is awesome! I love it! look at all the windows and the space you have. ok so where exactly is it? Email - need to know how far you are from us now. when do u move?
Aw, thanks guys! We are really stoked because we feel like we got a great deal on a very nice house! We LOVE the backyard. I wish we had tons of money so we could landscape it right now into our dream yard ... one day ... one day ... just have to be patient. :-)
Tammie - That's a wonderful house - just perfect-perfect, perfect!! In out and location all are great -you couldn't ask for better!! You'll have it all exactly how you want it within the next 10 years!
It's beautiful! Where is it? Farther than where you live now? I'm so happy for you and I'm sure it's going to be great living closer to family!
Megan - Thank you! I think you are right, in 10 years it will be an absolutely perfect home. Patience, right?
Ida - Thanks!! It's not really farther, it's just on the other side of town. Almost exactly the same distance from Atlanta as we are now, just up 85 instead of 75. It's by Mall of Georgia.
Post a Comment