Saturday, September 13, 2008

Little Teacher

I have to tell you about this! Last Saturday we went to a birthday party for one of Sophie's little friends, Lawson. He had a construction themed party and there was a tattoo station set up. A Little Tykes table was lined up against the wall and a sign was hung above. I saw Sophie start to climb on the table, something she does now that we try not to allow her to do. She climbs everything! So of course I get up and say, "Sophie, we do not climb on tables." She sits down, looks all cute and innocent, and starts to play again.

I look up and to my surprise there she is sitting on the table again. This time I watched her before I reacted. She had a ruler in her hand and she was touching it against the wall and mumbling something. I got closer and I heard her saying "A,B,C,D ... A,B,C,D" ... she was mimicking her teacher! Oh my gosh! It was the cutest thing ever. I said to Sophie "are you teaching?" To which she replied. "teacher mommy. A,B,C,D ... 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... yay mommy!" My heart melted. She was too cute for words at this moment. My little girl, growing up in front of my eyes.

Sophie officially started "preschool" a few weeks ago. She started the Tuesday after her birthday, so I think that was September 2nd. I learned on that day that I no longer have a "toddler", I now have a "preschooler." That made me wonder where my baby went ... but, that's an entirely different post.

No comments: