The day is here, the day I dreaded for both Sophie and Tripp ... tooth day is here. Tripp has a tooth! Ugh.
Was that a little dramatic for an opening line? LOL I'm serious though. I just have never wanted my kids to get teeth. I was lucky enough to be able to stare at that sweet, gummy smile of Sophie's for 9 months, but I guess I'm out of time with Tripp's gummy smile. I know Tripp will be cute as a button with a tooth, but I love his little gummy smile oh so much and I'm just not ready to give that sweet smile up. Plus, I swear it seems like when a baby gets a tooth he or she just looks that much older. I don't want my baby to look any older. He's my baby and now that he has a tooth I feel like he'll speed right thru to toddler-hood.
Tripp's tooth came through on Saturday, 9/20. It's very hard to see, but you can feel it. It looks like he may get another 6 teeth any day now. Seriously! I better hurry up and take a few more pictures of his gummy smile before the tooth becomes very noticeable. :-)
As parents, you all know how a "first" anything is a momentous occasion. Nobody wants to be away from their babies when they experience a "first", even a first tooth. I'm sure that is why the tooth popped through on Saturday. John and I were out of town. The kids were staying with John's sister and mom. Grandma Nancy and Aunt TaTa called to tell us that Tripp had a tooth. We were in Boston at the UCF game and, believe it or not, I actually cried to hear the news. Both because I didn't want him to get a tooth yet (we already covered that) and because he got it when I wasn't there.
I guess the silver lining in all this is Tripp isn't bothered by the teething process. He slept all night and just woke up with a tooth. No crying, no night waking, nothing .... just a tooth! That's much better than some of the horror teething stories I've heard. Knock on wood, let's hope it's like that with all the other teeth that still have to come in.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment