Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"I a princess"

Sophie baby, you said the cutest little thing today that I just had to document it. You've never really been into picking out your clothes and you don't seem to care what I put you in. Shoes are another story, but so far you are ho-hum about your clothes. You have been telling me lately when you think something is pretty and you are starting to gravitate a little more towards pink, sparkly stuff. You still aren't really into princesses - you have 2 tutus, 2 princess dresses, and a beautiful pettiskirt. They were all gifts, but you never want to wear any of them! I will say that you did ask to wear your new blue and green tutu the other night. It was a Christmas gift from Aunt Mary and it's the prettiest tutu you own!

Our routine was a little different this morning. Normally I get Trippy ready for school and daddy gets you ready for school. I usually lay out your clothes the night before, because sometimes daddy is a little challenged in the dressing Sophie department. If it were up to him, you'd wear all of one color - all red, all pink, all blue - just a monochrome look. LOL! Can't be too hard on him. I am just happy he tries (he even tries to put your hair in pony tails!) :-) Daddy was busy working this morning so I got both of you ready. I hadn't picked out your outfit the night before, so I did it while you were watching. I picked out a pair of jeans that Aunt TaTa gave your for Christmas (very, very hip jeans!) and a shirt that Aunt Julie gave you. I asked you if the outfit was ok and you said yes.

I proceeded to get you dressed. Even though the shirt is slightly too big, you wanted to keep it on. You helped me pick out an accessory for your hair and I put it in a half ponytail. We put your shoes and socks on (you like to help) and stood you up. We went into the bathroom to brush your teeth and you saw yourself in the mirror. I can only imagine this is how you knew what you looked like. I'm not sure what it is about the outfit that you particularly like, but you like it. Maybe the silver rhinestone type things on the belt of the shirt? Anyway, when we started to walk down the stairs to go eat breakfast, you looked at me and said "Mommy, I a princess!"

OMG, I almost died! Daddy heard it and yelled "Did she just say she's a princess?" We both could have just melted right there on the spot. You are the sweetest thing on this earth!!!! I had to take a picture to document the first time you said anything remotely about a princess or being a princess. I'm glad you felt so pretty that you would say such a thing (even after an entire night and morning of NO passy). I just love you so much and you are OUR princess! You totally made my day today!



3 comments:

TNT said...

Aw! That's too cute!

V-n-J said...

Sophie you are just too cute and sassy!

Tara said...

Sophie is going to be such a fun princess! She can come play in my dresses like Emma does :) A very sweet post, Tammie!!!