Monday, January 5, 2009

No passy?

Is tonight the night? Are you going to give up your passy? Sophie, I am amazed! It's 10:49 p.m. and dare I say that you are going to make it through this entire night without a passy? The most amazing thing is that this is only the second night we have tried no passy.

The first night was a few months ago, we were just testing the waters. You did okay for about 10 minutes but then you clearly needed your passy. Or, truth be told, we needed you to have that passy so you'd stop crying! But tonight we actually gave it a shot. We were determined to see how long we could get you to go without your passy. We have been planning to take the passy away with the start of 2009 for a few months, but you were sick so we let you have it until today.

I should tell you that you don't have a passy at school and you have not for months. By months I mean like 8 or 9 months, at least! From the minute you walk in this door, though, you want it right away. You are usually really tired when we bring you home from school and that's why I think you whine and cry until you get it. Today was different. Today I picked you up at school and you were really happy. Not tired at all, just happy and silly. You didn't ask for your passy when we got in the car. You didn't ask for your passy when you walked in the door either. You were just to worried about me giving you a snack. When daddy got home from work around 6 pm he asked me if you had the passy yet. I said no and we decided then, no passy for the rest of the night.

You did fine. You requested your "purple passy" and cried a little right after your bath, but daddy was able to distract you somehow. Like usual, I put Tripp to bed because I'm still nursing him and daddy put you to bed. You asked daddy for the passy and he told you that you could sleep with your Care Bear and your kitty instead (both of which were given to you by your grandmas). When it was time to turn the light of you said you wanted your "passy passy." Daddy told you it was broken. He said you seemed fine with that and you said you "wanted to go" ... as in "go to bed." Sometimes you just point to your crib when you are ready to go to sleep, other times you say "I go night night" ... tonight you said "I want to go."

We've only heard one peep out of you so far. That peep came at the same time that Tripp's peep came, so we disbursed - I went to Tripp's room, Daddy went into your room. He said you were sitting up. You lost your kitty kat in your bed and you wanted it. Daddy helped you find it and you laid right back down and went to sleep. You are still sleeping. This is amazing! I hope it lasts. We are so proud of you right now. This is a big, big step for you. You LOVE your passy like no other and you really do not have any other lovies. That is why we feel so bad for taking it away. We love you baby cakes!

No comments: