Thursday, October 2, 2008

First Family Hike

John and I took the kids on our first family hike last Friday. We had a great time! At first Sophie was a little hesitant to walk by herself, but after the first 0.5 mile of me carrying her she finally warmed up to the idea of walking. Thank goodness! My legs were starting to hurt. LOL

We went to Red Top Mountain in Kennesaw. We picked this particular location because we were looking for something free to do while staying outside because the weather was beautiful. I remembered someone telling me that this park had great trails. We just wanted to find something where we could push Tripp in the stroller, because we don't have the gear to actually hike with him in a pack. This park has a 0.75 mile loop that is paved that meanders through a semi-wooded area and alongside Lake Allatoona.

I really enjoyed this day. We haven't had a nice, relaxing family day like this in a long time. Makes me very thankful for family time, much needed family time! John had the day off, I think, or maybe it was just lack of cell coverage, but either way we didn't have any cell phones ringing or emails bothering us.

Although Tripp does not like the stroller, he seemed to enjoy the nice ride outside. Sophie was amazed at all the water around her. She had a good time running from us down the trail as we yelled, "wait, Sophie! don't fall down the hill" LOL She's crazy and the way she runs is just too precious. You'd just have to see it to appreciate it. Trust me! :-) We packed a picnic and found a nice spot in an open field overlooking the lake. Now that I think about it, this was also our first family picnic. Neat! A nice old couple walked by while we were eating. They were old, but they were newlyweds! The love between those two was really an inspiration, it was just radiating off them. Might sound cheesy, but it's true! Anyway, they were sweet enough to offer to take a picture of us, which was perfect because it's the only family picture we have from this day.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!




Boys will be boys - eating dirt. Yummy! LOL


Sophie running far, far way from us ... and surprisingly fast!


Sophie climbed her first tree! Ok, not really, but still ... she looks really cute up in the tree, doesn't she? A bit apprehensive, but she was having fun. I promise!


Such a beautiful, peaceful place. Nature at its best!

1 comment:

TNT said...

Great pictures, Tammie!! I love the one of John, Tripp, and Sophie walking. Could be in a magazine!