Friday, October 24, 2008

7 random facts

I never participate in these types of emails or requests. Don't know why, I just don't. Most of my friends that have blogs or journals always post these things about themselves so I know many random things about them, which I love, but they don't know these things about me. I've been tagged by my good friend Veryll and requested to write 7 random facts about myself. So here goes!

1. I'm am totally obsessed with taking pictures! I'm not ashamed of it either. I'll make John and the kids sit through 100 pictures if I have to so that I get one really good picture. One day they'll thank me for the great pictures!

2. I ran my first 5K when I was 10 or 11 weeks pregnant with Tripp. I despised running, but I wanted to lose the last few pounds of baby weight that I gained when I was pregnant with Sophie. John and I ran together, which was a blessing to me because that is the only reason I kept up with running. He really motivated me (thank you honey!). John would keep pace with me, mo matter how slow I ran, and he would push Sophie in the jogger. I actually got to the point where I started to like running. That is when I signed up for the 5K. I ran for a solid 2 months and worked my way up to 3 miles just before the race. The weird thing was that I wasn't losing weight and I still had a little belly. Then ... then I found out I was pregnant again. Well, that explained why I hadn't lose weight and still had a pooch. Good times!

3. I don't know why, but John loves this little fact about me. Sometimes he teases me about it. I was a Safety Patrol in 6th grade. We monitored the halls and also acted as crossing guards at the front of neighborhoods near the school. So what, I was nerdy and followed the rules when I was in elementary school! I think my brother was one, too! Nothing to be ashamed of LOL!

4. My dream job would be as a professor in the business department of a top university. I taught 2 weekly breakout sessions for Finance 101 from the time I was a Junior at UCF until I moved to Tampa (so thru my first semester of my MBA). There were 30 or so students in each of my classes. I absolutely loved this job - my favorite job ever! I did really well and was actually rated the best Teaching Assistant (TA) and Graduate Assistant (GA) that UCF ever had. Pretty cool! Always thought I'd continue on and get my Ph.D., but those plans are by the wayside now that I have 2 little babies.

5. To celebrate my 25th birthday I went skydiving! It was AWESOME! What a thrill! If I remember correctly, I jumped from about 13,500 ft. Everyone should do it once.

6. The terms "social butterfly" and "motor mouth" have been used to describe me on more than one occasion. But, I'm not as social as people think! Attending large parties is not necessarily my idea of a night of fun. Surprised? Being the center of attention is cool - sometimes - but I can do without that these days. Concerts, movies, clubs, bars, crowds for that matter - fun - but been there, done that, and I'm ready for smaller gatherings and quiter nights out. More importantly, I hate talking on the phone for extended periods of time (or any time for that matter!). I'm really good at email though - do I get credit for that? Most of you know that by now. :-)

7. I don't eat a lot of meat and rarely do I eat meat in restaurants; however, some of my favorite foods are meat! Weird, I know. This little fact really throws friends off. My two favorite dishes are panang chicken (Thai) and filet mignon. Some people like to call me a "vegetarian," but I'm not. These days the PC term is "flexitarian." Got it? LOL Friends never know what to feed me when they have me over for dinner. Take note - I'm easy, baked potatoes are always good for me!

That's it! There are 7 random facts about me. I'm supposed to tag a friend so they can continue this. So here's to you, Tracie!

1 comment:

V-n-J said...

I love panang chicken too! Loved learning more about you:)