Our heat is broken again. This is the second time in a month, not to mention the A/C was broken a few months ago. I wish there was a lemon law for HVAC units. I'm hoping after this problem Weiland will step up and give us a new unit. I'm sick of this. Tripp is still so young that we aren't supposed to have blankets in his bed with him. He was probably so cold last night. Sophie is another story. She has 4 blankets in her crib, not one of which stays on her! I work from home and I'm sitting in the family room just so I can sit by the fireplace. I'm trying to be productive, but it's hard working on a couch. Thankfully, the repairman is supposed to be here today with a new part that should fix the heater. Hopefully it won't cost us an arm and a leg!
My computer is dead. That is why I have not been able to post any pictures lately. The internal power supply broke. Gateway estimated that the part alone will cost around $500. $500? Really! If this one part costs that much, how do they sell the laptop for $700? I don't understand that at all. It doesn't really make sense to get the laptop fixed for that price. It will actually cost more when the shipping and labor is added in. This is so annoying. Good thing is that my hard drive should still be intact. A friend told me you can now buy a contraption that you place the hard drive in and then attach to your computer and it reads from the drive. Pretty cool. Bad thing is now I have to use a really old laptop that is probably slow as molasses in January (as my mom would say).
I have some great pics to post and stories to add to the blog. We went to Chattanooga to visit friends, NC mountains with some friends, the Pumpkin Patch and Amicalola Falls, and of course trick-or-treating. I need to hurry and document these things or I'll forget what we did and I won't be able to discuss the trips. As soon as I get the hard drive working, I'll update what's been going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
YAY! I love blogs!!! I am so glad I stumbled upon yours...from reading the comments on baby Catherine's blog! I am excited that I will be able to read all about what you and your sweet kiddos are doing! So fun! I will have to start a blog when we have a baby! Talk to you soon!
Hi Kelli! It's so fun that you found my blog. I'm so happy to see you in here ... and I can't wait to read your blog when that times comes. Exciting times ahead :-) We sure do miss you around here!
If you lived closer J could take a look at your laptop and determine the problem. Most likely he could fix it for a fraction of the cost Gateway wants to charge you.
Post a Comment