Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More Teeth

Saturday morning I woke up to Tripp being extra fussy. You have to understand that when I say "fussy" and am speaking about Tripp and Sophie it might not necessarily be the kind of fussy you are imagining. People sometimes look at me like I am crazy when I say Tripp is being fussy, because compared to lots of other babies out there he's really not. It was the same with Sophie. Both babies are very content and always have been (except Sophie now that she is 2 ... but that's so another post!).

Believe what you want, but I'm being honest when I say Tripp is fussy sometimes. For him, a little squealing and antsiness is fussy. I can usually just tell by looking at him that something is wrong. He really wears his emotions on his sleeve and he shows visible signs of uncomfortableness when he doesn't feel well. He complains with a few yells and grunts, sometimes a cry here or there, but generally that's the extent of his fussiness. Well fussy is what Tripp was on Saturday - all day. He wouldn't nap at all, which didn't help matters any. Sunday morning he woke up pretty early and was still fussy. I eventually found the culprit, well beyond the initial culprit, his croup. He cut another tooth! This makes 6.

He finally is getting the matching tooth to his 1st tooth - the bottom center tooth. The new one is on his right. It also looks like he's going to be getting another 1 or 2 on the bottom any day. I think a few "symptoms", if you will, to his teething are red cheeks, earlier wake up times, no napping, and sticking just one finger in his mouth on the side the tooth is going to come in on. Tripp was definitely more fussy than last with this teething session, but I'm not sure that had to do with just the tooth. Little dude was sick with croup and teething. That's tough on a sweet little 8 month old. Poor little guy! Love you Tripp!

2 comments:

Allison Madonna Bowerman said...

OMG!!! 6 teeth? Really? Bailey has been teething, and teething, and teething ... AND STILL NO TEETH! I remember Logan had 3 teeth between 6m and 6m2w ... LOL. But, this kid ... all fuss, and nothing to show for it. At least you are benefiting from the fussiness. (And, by the way ... the names I could call you right now for your version of "fussiness"). LOL!!

V-n-J said...

Tripp is so NOT a fussy baby!!! He is a sweetheart:) I never went through teething fussiness with Javan cos he got all this teeth after he turned one and they started coming in pretty quickly so he kinda just got it over with.