I've read that the terrible twos actually happen before a toddler is 2. Since you are past 2 I thought for sure we were skating right past the terrible twos, that we were going to be those lucky parents that didn't have to deal with a tantrum. Hahahaha ... what was I thinking? LOL I also read the other day that tantrums are a sign that the baby loves the parents so much. If you didn't love us that much, you wouldn't have these strong emotions that cause tantrums. Aw, that makes us feel better about your tantrums :-)
These days, like I said above, you are generally the sweetest little girl ever. You make me smile every day and you are so fun. I laugh at least 20 times a day at something you say or do. I love the morning when I put you in the car to go to school, because you and I play the kiss game. I buckle you in your seat, kiss you, go to Tripp's side of the car and give him kisses, and then you say "mommy, more kisses" and I run back to your side of the car and give you more kisses. We do that at least two more times, you giggle the entire time, and I just love it! Tripp even gets in on the giggling. That's because your laugh is infectious, I promise you that! You really are a silly girl. But boy oh boy, you can throw a tantrum with the best of them.
I hate to say it, but me and daddy are kinda getting used to them so we've started ignoring you, which you hate. Your tantrums usually just consist of crying for a short period of time. Occasionally you throw yourself on the kitchen floor in the midst of crying, but usually you just stand in place and cry. It's actually quite funny, but I try not to laugh because it makes your more mad and it gives you that attention you are trying to get. So I guess all-in-all your tantrums aren't terribly bad, they just involve a lot of crying.
So why the tantrums? We don't know! We wish you'd tell us :-) Generally you have your meltdowns (I like to call them this over tantrums) when you get home from school. You are tired, hungry, and thirsty and you just want to eat and be held. We can't always hold you and you definitely do not like that. You run after us crying and yelling "daaa-ddyyy" or "moommmyyy" ... poor baby! You just want to sit on our hip, but we can't always pick you up. You are 2 for pete's sake. You can sit and stand and run, play with your toys or your brother, but you just want us. You've been like that since you were just a baby and Tripp is pretty much the same way (God help us if he stays this way! I only have 2 hands ... I can't hold everyone and cook!). I think it's adorable that you want us to hold you, but I seriously can't do it all day long. I wish you could understand that. Instead, you just cry.
I know it's just a phase so I try to enjoy all this cuddly, holding time, because I know there will be a day when I want to hold you and you won't let me. But my goodness, I hope the accompanying crying goes away ... and soon! I will say that you haven't had a meltdown in public yet. You've been on the verge and you've done your share of yelling and crying, but you haven't actually had a meltdown. You don't want to ride in carts any more and the stroller is ok until you kick your brother in the head from the back seat of the double stroller, but you definitely just want to be carried by daddy in public places. That too shall pass, I'm sure.
Even with these little tantrums, you are still the sweetest little blonde-headed brown-eyed girl out there, if I do say so myself. I love you pumpkin. Here's a sweet picture of you. We took it at Justin's birthday party a few weeks ago. You are so happy just playing. I can't believe such a little angel can sometimes cry so much! :-)



2 comments:
Sophie throw a tantrum....nah that's not true:)
Where did you read that it's because they love the parents so much? I'm interested in reading that!
Post a Comment