Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sweet Kisses

Tripp - You are such a little lover! OMG, you melt my heart. I can't even explain it. I taught you to give "kisses." You gave me your very first kiss about a week ago, but I'm not sure you really knew what you were doing. You certainly know now and you think it's so funny! Last night we had a kissy-fest. HA!

Your kiss is really just you opening your mouth and moving towards mine and touching my lips. It's wet and slobbery, LOL, but I LOVE IT! It's so sweet. I say, "Tripp, give mommy kisses" and you do! The best part is after you give me your kiss you laugh. Your laugh is priceless. I'm trying to get it on video because it cannot be explained, but it's contagious. We just can't help but laugh when we hear your laugh sweet boy! Anyway, after you give me a kiss you sometimes repeat it over and over - like a pecking chicken - and sometimes you just bury your head in my shoulder and give me the "oh so you snuggle." I say "oh so you" because I've never had a baby snuggle with me like this. You bury your head into my neck and shoulder, wiggle it around, stick your butt in the air, and give me what I can only imagine is your version of a hug. Again, it melts my heart. I think daddy was jealous because you were only giving me kisses, but this morning you gave him a big wet one. His eyes got really big and he shot me a big smile as to say "see, he loves me, too!" LOL. Great, we are fighting over your kisses. Haha. No worries, he gets extra snuggles from your sister. She's certainly in love with her daddy!

I'm really enjoying you at this age. I know this snuggly sweet innocent baby stage will be gone before I know it so I'm really trying to take it all in. When Sophie was little like you, she wanted daddy more than me. You want me more than daddy. It feels great that when I walk in the room your face lights up. It feels wonderful that when you see me you crawl over to me as fast as you can. It is amazing that when daddy has you and you see me, you reach your arms out for me and fuss until I can get you. This morning I was holding you and daddy put his arms out to get you and you literally turned your body around and faced the other way so he couldn't get you. We both got a laugh out of that because it reminds us so much of what Sophie would do to me at your age (and still sometimes does now). It's not like Sophie didn't want me, she did. But if she had her choice she picked daddy. You pick me! I always thought that it was so sweet that Sophie loved daddy so much and it didn't bother me. I want her to love daddy like that - I want her to be "daddy's little girl." I guess it's true what they say about daddy-daughter and mommy-son relationships. You are such a momma's boy and I love it. I just adore you Tripp! I can't wait to see you this afternoon and get some more baby kisses from you! :-)

1 comment:

Allison Madonna Bowerman said...

Such a sweet post, Tammie. It had me smiling. I'm glad Tripp is developing such a lovey personality.

Logan was huge on giving those open mouth kisses, too. I think Bailey is just starting it now, but I can tell he's not as affectionate as Logan was as a baby.